Adults Clubs / Ski School
Fernie Adult Early Girls
For those keen ladies who want to start their day the right way! Enjoy the serenity of the mountain in the early hours, no crowds for the first hour as you get lift access one hour ahead of the public. This program is for experienced skiers looking to explore and enjoy the less skied parts of the mountain. Our professional female coaches, Bridget and Kathy, will take you to secret stashes around the mountain, provide tactics, strategies and skill focus to ensure each morning is an experience you will never forget. Ability levels 5-6. Program runs on Sundays from 7:45–11:00am.
Days taught: Sundays
Session time: 7:45 AM – 11:00 AM
Start date 8 weeks: January 22, 2023
Ability level: 5-6
Prices DO NOT include lift tickets*
As parents and guardians, you will play an essential part in the success of the groups. Here is a brief program outline and a few tips to guarantee your child will get the most out of this club program and help us run things smoothly. We hope to encourage all the kids’ talent and enthusiasm and foster their love of our winter sports.
We know it can be a struggle sometimes to get everything organized in the morning. Tears! Fears! Don’t worry. Our instructors are trained to deal with situations that might arise in their care. Dress for success! We cannot guarantee daily weather conditions; they can change hour to hour. We do recommend your child is equipped with the following to lessen the chances of a cold/wet unhappy child at pick up times:
- Waterproof and insulated jacket, pants and gloves
- Long underwear, warm, dry socks, neck/face protector
- Googles, sunscreen and lip balm
- Well rested and recovered from long travel car journeys
- Have eaten breakfast and have labelled everything – bags, lunches & snacks, equipment and all personal belongings
- Inform at the time of booking if your child has allergies, needs medications during the lesson, or has learning difficulties. When you share this vital information, we can group the lessons with the most appropriately trained coaches
Here are the key things you will need to know before booking these programs:
- Please make sure your child has the following organized before heading out to lessons to meet the class:
- Has skis and ski poles or snowboard, and boots and helmet (not included in the cost of this program)
- Has a lift ticket attached to their jacket or pants (not included in the cost of this program)
- Has used the washroom
- Has any medication, lunch bags etc. labelled and ready to give to the coach
- For day one, please arrive at least 15 minutes early so we can get your child into the suitable classes, grouped and ready to go. This will ensure groups are out on snow by the designated times.
- The groups may change from the start of day one, as we want to make sure that we group kids by age and ability to best suit their needs, so your child may be dropped off by a different coach than when they departed.
- Groups that have a designated lunch break scheduled, which will be approximately 45 – 60 minutes. We hope to continue supervising your child over lunch break for 2023. If Covid policies do not allow this, you will need to arrange to pick up and drop off for lunch break.
- At the end of the session, you will pick up the kids at the same place you dropped them off. Your designated meeting area will be emailed to you closer to the program’s start.
- If you would like to have your child make their way home on their own, you will be required to head into the sales office before the start of the program to sign our Authority Release form to give us the ok on this.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
Winter Sports School Director
Multi Week Program Weather Policy
In extenuating circumstances, including but not limited to extreme cold and extreme snowfall (for example daytime highs of below -30 and windchill below -45), Winter Sports School reserves the right to make a final decision on the safe operation of multi week lessons. This decision will be made no later than 5pm the day before your start time.
In the event of a canceled date, we will provide a make-up lesson for the missed time. The make-up lesson will be provided on a designated weekend date (determined by the school if it happens). In the event you cannot attend this make-up lesson, no refund or exchange of any kind will be offered.
FAR Multi-Week Programs Cancellation Policy and Procedures
The decision to cancel a scheduled program will be based on the guidelines below; and it will be made by the Specific Program Supervisor and / or Directors after consulting with other Supervisors scheduled during the day, Patrol and Events. At the discretion of the Clubs Supervisor or designate the planned program may be canceled, shortened and/or include indoor activities when weather conditions do not allow for regular running of the program. A make up day may be scheduled in extenuating circumstances.
Cancellation of Multi- Week programs will be made between 7am and 8am at the latest on the day of and communicated via e-mail as well as posted on the WSS Facebook page/website; for weekday programs the decision will be communicated from sales by e-mail only, an hour before lessons.
*The final decision to come ski/ride is the participants (or parents) – if the skier thinks it’s too cold – they make the call to ski or not that day for themselves.
Click here for more information on our Winter Sports School Cancellation Policy.
Click here to review Fernie Alpine Resort Winter Sport School ability level charts.