Kids Clubs / Ski School
Fernie Extreme Club (Ages 8-14)
The Extreme Club will develop skiers into confident all mountain skiers. For kids who are confident on blue runs and some black runs, this program will start to challenge and consolidate their tactics as they develop into more “All Mountain” riders. They will be able to experience more of what Fernie Alpine Resort is all about, in their own way. Our specialist coaches will help nurture their desire for adventure in a safe and structured way.
Offered for 6 or 12 weeks
Days taught: Saturdays and Sundays
Session start time: 10:00 AM
Start date 6 weeks: January 1, January 2, February 19 or February 20, 2022
Start date 12 weeks: January 1 or January 2, 2022
** No clubs on Family Day weekend **
FERNIE KIDS CLUB INFORMATION (Bottom of page, third tab over)
As parents and guardians you will play an important part in the success of the groups, so here is a program outline to help you to help us run things smoothly and ensure that all involved have the best time possible. We hope to encourage the talent and enthusiasm of all the kids, and fostering their love of our winter sports.
Groups will be starting on Saturday January 1 or Sunday 2, 2022. (OR February 19 / 20, 2022: 6 week start) Here are the key things you will need to know for the first day if you are in the…
Ski Club, Extreme Club, Freeski Clubs, Big Mountain Development Club and Freeride Club:
- Meeting places: Ski Club meets at the bottom of the Mighty Moose slope, in front of the Griz Inn parking lot. Extreme Club meets by ski area map board at the Elk Chair load, left had side of lift maze. Freeski Clubs and Big Mountain Development Team meet at the bottom of Timber Chair and Freeride Snowboard Club meet uphill of the WSS meeting place at the base of the Deer Chair. This is the planned meeting place for the whole season.
- For day one, please arrive at least half an hour early, so that we can get your child into the right classes, grouped and ready to go. This will ensure that kids are out skiing and riding by the designated times. With clubs starting at 10:00 am, this means you should plan to be at the meeting place by 9:30 am.
- The groups may change from the start of day one, as we want to make sure that we group kids by age and ability to best suit their needs, so your child may be dropped off by a different coach than when they departed. (Take a look at the club descriptions for a summary).
- Groups will have a designated lunch break scheduled, which will be approximately 45 – 60 minutes in duration. Drop off and pick up location will be same as start of day.
- At the end of the session, 3:30 pm you will pick up the kids at the same place that you dropped them off, the back of WSS pro room.
- If you would like to have your child make their way home on their own, please sign our release form to give us the ok on this.
- And last but not least, your input is always welcome, please discuss how your children are doing with their coach at any time.
WAIVERS – All parents must sign three waivers that are specific to our snow school programs. (These are in addition to the season pass waiver you had to sign to purchase your pass). This is done online. We will send you a link once you have purchased your program, where you can find all 3 waivers.
The three waivers are:
- Parental consent waiver
- Event waiver.
- Terrain Park Waiver (for event days and border-cross access)
We will keep you updated throughout the program, look forward to our weekly emails about what has passed and what to look forward for the next week on the snow!
We will be posting info on our Facebook site: www.facebook.com/FARWSS. This will include photos taken of the groups during their lessons, if you would prefer us NOT to take photos of your child then please email or call us to let us know using the contact details below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at [email protected]
See you in January!
Winter Sports School Director
Fernie Alpine Resort