Kids Clubs / Ski School
Little Rippers (Ages 3-4)
The Little Rippers program is the perfect introductory program into the world of learning to ski for you and your child. The one-on-one tuition builds confidence both in the sport and with their independence, as each 45 minute lesson is tailored individually to ensure continuous development for each child, and a season of fun on the snow.
Lesson availability is limited. If the time you are wanting to book is not available, please contact [email protected]
Offered 6 or 12 weeks.
Days taught: Saturdays and Sundays
Session time: 9:00 AM, 9:45 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:15 PM, 1:00 PM, 1:45 PM, 2:30 PM
Start date 6 weeks: January 2, January 3, February 20 or February 21, 2021
Start date 12 weeks: January 2 or January 3, 2021
Duration: 45 minutes
** No clubs on February 13th & 14th weekend **
As parents and guardians you will play an important part in the success of the groups, so here is a program outline to help you to help us run things smoothly and ensure that all involved have the best time possible. We hope to encourage the talent and enthusiasm of all the kids, fostering their love of the greatest sport in the world as they learn to shred the pow!
Groups will be starting on Saturday January 2 or Sunday January 3, 20201. (OR February 20 / 21, 2021: 6 week start) Here are the key things you will need to know for the first day if you are in the…
Little Rippers (Ski & Snowboard):
- Little Rippers participants meet at the ‘Winter Sports School Meeting Area’ at the base of the Deer Chair which will be clearly signposted. This will be your permanent meeting place for the whole season.
- Start times do vary. Please come into Winter sports School Desk in the Guest services building 30 minutes before ski time to get your waivers signed. After we’re finished, proceed to the meeting spot to find your instructor, who will be waiting by meeting area.
- At the end of the session, you will pick up the kids at the same place as you dropped them off.
- And last but not least, your input is always welcome, please discuss how your children are doing with their coach at any time.
WAIVERS – All parents must sign three waivers that are specific to our snow school programs. (These are in addition to the season pass waiver you had to sign to pick up your pass). This can also be done online or at the Winter Sports School sale desk prior to day one. The three waivers are:
- Parental consent waiver
- Event waiver.
- Terrain Park Waiver (for event days and border-cross access)
If you are at the resort over the holidays and have any queries or would like to sign the waivers prior to clubs starting, please come to the Winter Sports School sales desk, adjacent to Guest Services, located in the Tamarack building. Otherwise, we will have all waivers on hand at check in on the first day.
We will keep you updated throughout the program, look forward to my weekly emails about what has passed and what to look forward for the next week on the snow!
We will be posting info on our Facebook site: www.facebook.com/FARWSS. This will include photos taken of the groups during their lessons, if you would prefer us NOT to take photos of your child then please email or call us to let us know using the contact details below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Dini at [email protected]
See you in January!
Weekend Kids Club Coordinator
Fernie Alpine Resort