Kids and youth Clubs / Ski School
Fernie Ski Club (Ages 6-17)
This popular club is a fun and engaging program for children, which will have them embarking on a more technical approach to skiing. Whether they are beginners or intermediate skiers, we look for ways to challenge and improve on their existing skills, and encourage them to take their abilities to the next level. Our coaches create an engaging, fair play social environment, allowing children to form friendships that continue from season to season. Ability levels 1-6.
Offered for 6 or 12 weeks.
Days taught: Saturdays and Sundays
Session start time: 10:00 AM
Start date 6 weeks: January 2, January 3, February 20 or February 21, 2021
Start date 12 weeks: January 2 or January 3, 2021
** No clubs on February 13th and 14th weekend, 2021
As parents and guardians you will play an important part in the success of the groups, so here is a program outline to help you to help us run things smoothly and ensure that all involved have the best time possible. We hope to encourage the talent and enthusiasm of all the kids, fostering their love of the greatest sport in the world as they learn to shred the pow!
Groups will be starting on Saturday January 2 or Sunday 3, 2021. (OR February 20 / 21, 2021: 6 week start) Here are the key things you will need to know for the first day if you are in the…
Ski Club, Extreme Club, Freeski Clubs, Big Mountain Development Club and Freeride Club:
- Participants all meet at the Winter Sports School Pro Room, which is directly up the ski hill from parking lot #1, where the skier drop off is. Please go around the building on the right hand side, and into the back of the building area. This will be your permanent meeting place for the whole season.
- For day one, please arrive at least half an hour early, so that we can get waivers signed by parents and classes grouped and ready to go. This will ensure that kids are out skiing by the designated times. With clubs starting at 10:00 am, this means you should plan to be at the meeting place by 9:30 am.
- Please check in when you arrive, we will have a check in table inside the pro room. We will let you know who your coach is, and make sure all waivers are signed.
- The groups may change from the start of day one, as we want to make sure that we group kids by age and ability to best suit their needs, so your child may be dropped off by a different coach than when they departed. (Take a look at the club descriptions for a summary).
- Bag lunches need to be dropped off at the meeting place. Each coach will have a basket with his or her name on it, for drop off. There is an option to purchase hot lunches for your children (advance bookings only).
- Parents/guardians are welcome to visit their kids at lunch time. Please check with your coach as to what time they will break for lunch. (this is in Gabriella’s, above Mountain Pantry)
- At the end of the session, 3:30 pm you will pick up the kids at the same place that you dropped them off, the back of WSS pro room.
- And last but not least, your input is always welcome, please discuss how your children are doing with their coach at any time.
WAIVERS – All parents must sign three waivers that are specific to our snow school programs. (These are in addition to the season pass waiver you had to sign to pick up your pass). This can also be done online or at the Winter Sports School sale desk prior to day one. The three waivers are:
- Parental consent waiver
- Event waiver.
- Terrain Park Waiver (for event days and border-cross access)
If you are at the resort over the holidays and have any queries or would like to sign the waivers prior to clubs starting, please come to the Winter Sports School sales desk, adjacent to Guest Services, located in the Tamarack building. Otherwise, we will have all waivers on hand at check in on the first day.
We will keep you updated throughout the program, look forward to my weekly emails about what has passed and what to look forward for the next week on the snow!
We will be posting info on our Facebook site: www.facebook.com/FARWSS. This will include photos taken of the groups during their lessons, if you would prefer us NOT to take photos of your child then please email or call us to let us know using the contact details below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Dini at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in January!
Weekend Kids Club Coordinator
Fernie Alpine Resort
We have many accommodation choices and specials for you, Book Online
or talk to one of our trained resort specialist 1 800 258 7669.